Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Nature, Work, and Pleasure!

On Monday and Tuesday (5th and 6th March 2007), I went out with my colleagues to an Operational Planning and Team Building session at Club Mykonos in Langebaan, West Coast Region of the Western Cape, South Africa.

We really had fun! We arrived at the Club Mykonos at about 9AM on Monday at the Conference centre.


We visited the nature reserve to watch the birds or rather disturb the birds as some of us were making a lot of noise.

All of us standing on top of a huge bolder or rock. We saw the beautiful views of the lagoon facing the beaches around Langebaan, and further on we could see Saldanha from afar.




Back at the Mykonos, it was fun time. Know your team members' strengths as well as their shortcomings. Maximise on their strengths... team building exercises along the beach.







My team's name was Mellow Yellow. You can see it from my face painting...


The waterfront scenery from the Conference centre. I also want to be rich and own one of these yachts...










In the evening we lodged in one of these superb hotel rooms.


Day 2: I woke up very late because I did not set my alarm. But that was not a big issue as we all went there to relax, have fun and do a little bit of work. I made brilliant presentation on my Division's project targets for the coming financial year. I was so relaxed and in control as I shared some few jokes with the group. (No photos taken for that).

Beating the drums! Just before lunch time we had an hour-long session drumming. This was my 2nd time involved with Drumming. Tim is the gentleman who instructed or coached us as we all played songs that originated from West Africa. We were told that some time in the past, Africans used to play drums to communicate with one another. Each drum song had a specific meaning.

I am playing the Lead Bit Drum...


[Photos: Courtesy of Lehan Fouche, Jeffrey Williams and Andre van der Merwe]

No comments: