Sunday, June 17, 2007

Arrival at San Diego

We flew for 23 hours from CPT-JHB, JHB-ATL, and finally ATL-SDG. We arrived at about 13h30 (East American timezone) while it was already 22h30 (South African timezone) - the timezones are amazing. I only managed phoned my wife when she was far asleep at 23h45 (SA timezone). I am really impressed by the way the Americans live - these guys live large. They eat meat-meat-meat all the time, big burgers. They drive huge SUV's (bakkies). When I compare with the X5 and Range Rovers in South Africa...the cars driven here are huge. Thats why some extreme environmentalists say that if everyone in the world can live as the Americans do we would probably need 3 or more planet Earths.

Prior to arrival at San diego, I took some pics which I was planning to display but will only be able to do so when I get to SA or tomorrow. Actually I was planning to moblog (blog from a mobile/cellphone device) them to this blog, but I just can't by a SIM card here its too expensive. (Because of high competition in SA we get a sim card @ R2.50, but here @ $60 or R430). I was shocked when I was sold a SIM card for this amount.

I am looking forward to learning during the conference and enjoying myself to the fullest outside the convention centre.

Pics...




No comments: