Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Leaving the US for South Africa

On Monday the 25th June, we woke up as early as 03h15 to catch a 06h00 flight at the Phoenix International Airport. We had to give more time as we did not know what to expect was we had to go through security points where we always had to take off our shoes and belts. To make things worse our flight was delayed by about 1 hour. But we managed to catch our next flight at Atlanta International Airport which headed to Johannesburg, South Africa, via Dakar in Senegal.

It was indeed the longest journey I have ever taken in my life. We arrived in Johannesburg about 2 hours later than anticipated. And as a result we missed our 18h00 flight (on Tuesday evening). We were fortunate to be put into a 19h00 flight to Cape Town. I was very excited when we finally landed in Cape Town especially when I met my wife and family.

I had great moments in my trip to America. I enjoyed every moment.

No comments: